Cornouaille Festival, a major event in Finistère
A stay at the campsite Le Port de Plaisance is the ideal opportunity to attend the Cornouaille Festival. Every year, during the last week of July, the streets of Quimper are transformed into a stage for entertainment. Located only 20 minutes' drive from Bénodet, this festival invites you to immerse yourself in the heart of Breton culture.
All about the Cornouaille Festival
For more than four generations, the Cornouaille Festival has been the unmissable event in South Finistère. Since 1923, when it was created by Louis Le Bourhis, until today, the cultural and folkloric event has reinvented itself over the years to offer the best of Breton culture to the public. A true symbol of local traditions, its evolution is intrinsically linked to that of Finistère and the other departments in the region.
On the programme of this extraordinary cultural event: concerts, fest-noz, sea shanties, street entertainment, conferences and workshops for children. From morning until night, the urban centre of Quimper vibrates to the rhythm of Breton folklore.
The Cornouaille Festival in a few figures
- 100 years: the Cornouaille Festival will celebrate its 100th anniversary in 2023
- 150: the number of events and concerts that await you in the streets of Quimper
- 1,000: a thousand volunteers ensure the smooth running of the Festival
- 2,000: during the parades, you will have the opportunity to admire more than 2,000 pipers and dancers from all over Brittany
- 150,000: the average number of visitors who have the chance to attend this incredible festival
- 4 days: whether you go for 1 day or the whole festival, you will only be eager to come back next year for another edition of the Quimper Cornouaille Festival.